We, Wenger Vieli AG, Dufourstrasse 56, 8008 Zurich, are responsible for the processing of any personal data that we collect via our website. The processing of personal data within the scope of a client relationship is regulated separately.
We comply with the legal provisions of the Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP), the Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection (DPO) and other data protection provisions to the extent that they are applicable to data processing activities carried out by us, such as the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Learn more about privacy icons here privacy-icons.ch
Our website aims to provide a user experience that is as privacy-friendly as possible. This includes the principle of collecting as little personal data as possible.
Data processing activities and data processing purposes when visiting our website (log files)
When you visit our website www.wengervieli.ch, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- the date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the retrieved file,
- the website via which our website is accessed (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
This data is collected and processed in order to safeguard the use of our website, in particular the connection setup as well as system security and stability, in the long term and to optimize our website and evaluate it for internal statistical purposes. Within the scope of application of the GDPR, we refer here to the legal basis of legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
In no event do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
An IP address may be personally identifiable. However, this will only be evaluated in the event of an attack on the network infrastructure of our website or if there is suspicion of unauthorized or improper use of the website, for investigative purposes or for defense in connection with any legal claims, or used as necessary for the purpose of identification in criminal proceedings and in the context of civil and criminal proceedings. The legal basis for processing for these purposes within the scope of application of the GDPR are our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland or Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA. Google Analytics uses methods that enable an analysis of the use of the website, such as cookies. These generate information about your use of this website, such as:
- the navigation path that a visitor takes on the website,
- the time spent visiting the website or subpage,
- the subpage from which the website is exited,
- the country, region or city from which the website is accessed,
- the device (type, version, color depth, resolution, width and height of the browser window),
- returning or new visitors,
- browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- the referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- the host name of the accessing computer (IP address), and
- the time of the server request.
This data is transferred to the USA and stored there on Google servers. By activating IP anonymization ("anonymiseIP") on this website, the IP address is shortened before transmission within the member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and Switzerland. According to Google, the anonymized IP address transmitted by the user's browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data. Only in exceptional cases can the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. In these cases, we ensure through contractual guarantees that Google maintains a sufficient level of data protection.
The information will be used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and customized website design. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. According to Google, a connection between the IP address and other data of the user will not be established in any case.
Within the scope of application of the GDPR, this processing is carried out for our legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. You can object to this data processing at any time by notifying us.
You can also prevent the data collection described above by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device. If you delete cookies, the link must be clicked again.
We use Google Maps API (Application Programming Interface, "Google Maps") from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, or Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA, on our website for the visual display of geographical information (maps). By using Google Maps, information about the use of our website, including your IP address, is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Within the scope of application of the GDPR, the legal basis for processing data for this purpose is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. You can object to this data processing at any time by notifying us.
On our website, we have also included links to our social media profiles on the following social networks:
- LinkedIn Corp., 1000 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA;
- Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street Suite 900 San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
If you click on the corresponding icons of the social networks, you will automatically be redirected to our profile on the respective social network. In order to use the functions of the respective network, you must partially log in to your user account for the respective network. When you open a link to one of our social media profiles, a direct connection is established between your browser and the server of the social network in question. This provides the network with the information that you have visited our website with your IP address and accessed the link. If you access a link to a network while logged into your account on the network in question, the content of our site may be linked to your profile on the network, which means that the network can link your visit to our website directly to your user account. If you want to prevent this, you should log out before clicking on the relevant links. In any case, an assignment takes place when you log into the corresponding network after clicking on the link.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and further processing by the above-mentioned social media networks and your respective rights and privacy options, please refer to the privacy policies of LinkedIn and Twitter.
LinkedIn Conversion Tracking and Insight Tag
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of metadata such as IP address information, timestamps, and page views. All data is encrypted. The LinkedIn browser cookie is stored in a visitor's browser until the visitor deletes the cookie or the cookie expires (there is an expiration date of six months from the last time the Insight Tag was loaded by the visitor's browser).
We store personal data only as long as necessary for the respective purpose of data collection and processing or as required by specific legal retention periods.
The security of your data is important to us
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Notice of your rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about the details of this;
- to demand the rectification of incorrect data or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing;
- within the scope of application of the GDPR, you also have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller (Art. 20 GDPR);
- if our data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future;
- to complain to a supervisory authority. In Switzerland, you can contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (www.edoeb.admin.ch) and outside of Switzerland, you can contact the supervisory authority responsible for your concerns;
- within the scope of application of the GDPR, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR and provided that there are grounds for the objection arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to privacy. *at* wengervieli.ch
We are here for you if you have any questions!
If you have any questions about data protection or would like to request information or request the erasure of your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at privacy. *at* wengervieli.ch
Wenger Vieli Ltd.
Date: August 2023