We, Wenger Vieli Ltd., Dufourstrasse 56, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland, are responsible for the processing of any personal data that we collect through our online content. The processing of personal data within the scope of a lawyer-client relationship is subject to separate provisions.
We comply with the legal provisions of the Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP), the Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection (DPO) and other data protection provisions to the extent that they are applicable to data processing activities carried out by us, such as the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We consider compliance with data protection requirements not only a legal obligation, but also a top priority in the responsible and careful handling of personal data. Furthermore, we would like to show you at a glance how we collect and process personal data. This is why we use privacy icons to supplement the traditional privacy notice.
Learn more about privacy icons here privacy-icons.ch
2. Data processing activities and data processing purposes when visiting our website
When you visit our website at www.wengervieli.ch, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
Within the scope of application of the GDPR, our legal basis for processing the above listed data is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in line with the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
The cookie stores information which is directly connected to the device used by you when you visit our website.
However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and your previous entries and settings will be retrieved.
Within the scope of application of the GDPR, the data processed by cookies for the aforementioned purposes is justified in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may deteriorate the use of the functions of our website.
We use tracking tools to ensure a user-friendly design and a continuous optimization of our website. We use the tracking measures to record the use of our website statistically and to evaluate the records for the purpose of optimising our sites and offers. Within the scope of application of the GDPR, our use of the tracking measures listed below is based on our legitimate interests according to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the information on the corresponding tracking tools below.
For the purpose of the continuous optimization of our pages and its design, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website contains information such as
- browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is then set to prevent future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must reset the opt-out cookie.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics Helpsite (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
LinkedIn Conversion Tracking and Insight Tag
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of metadata such as IP address information, timestamp, and events such as page views. All data is encrypted. The LinkedIn browser cookie is stored in a visitor's browser until they delete the cookie or the cookie expires (there’s a rolling six-month expiration from the last time the visitor’s browser loaded the Insight Tag).
5. Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent (in the scope of the GDPR, the justification in art. 6 para. 1 lit. a is authoritative in this case),
- the disclosure is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protecting the non-disclosure of your data (in the scope of the GDPR, the justification of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f is authoritative in this case),
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer (in the scope of the GDPR, the justification according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR is decisive in this case), and
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you (in the scope of application of the GDPR, the justification according to art. 6 para. 1 letter b GDPR is decisive in this case).
b. News and invitation to events
If you have agreed to receiving notices from us by post or e-mail regarding news and events, such notices will be sent by our service providers Köpflipartners AG, Industriestrasse 9, CH-5432 Neuenhof and "MailChimp", a newsletter mailing platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
The data protection regulations of MailChimp can be viewed here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with the Swiss and European data protection level (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active).
Within the scope of application of the GDPR, the shipping service providers are employed on the basis of our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter f GDPR and the processing is subject to a processing contract pursuant to Art. 28 para. 3 sentence 1 GDPR.
MailChimp can use the recipient's data in pseudonymous form, i.e. without assignment to a user, to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. to technically optimize the sending and presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes. However, MailChimp does not collect the data of our message recipients or pass it on to third parties.
7. Your rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing;
- Within the scope of the GDPR, you also have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us based on consent or a contract in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible (Art. 20 GDPR);
- If our data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future;
- to complain to a supervisory authority. In Switzerland, you can contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (www.edoeb.admin.ch) and outside Switzerland, the supervisory authority responsible for your concerns.
Within the scope of application of the GDPR, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR and provided that there are reasons for the objection that arise from your particular situation or that the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
For withdrawing consent or objecting to any data processing as described above, simply send an e-mail with your specific request to privacy. *at* wengervieli.ch
9. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Validity of this privacy notice
This is our currently valid privacy notice as of May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this privacy notice. You can access and print out the current version available at https://www.wengervieli.ch/datenschutz at any times.
For questions or requests related to data processing by Wenger Vieli Ltd., you may revert by mail to the address below or write to us viae-mail at privacy. *at* wengervieli.ch