Wenger & Vieli Ltd. assists its clients in all aspects of data law. Data, especially in digital form, is the foundation of many new business models and a valuable asset that need to be protected from loss and theft. Data collection and processing must be designed to comply with the law based on the requirements of data protection and information security.
Our expertise covers the entire data management cycle:
- Ensuring data protection compliance within the company
- Providing training and support to the internal data protection officer
- Advise on international data transfer
- Advise on outsourcing (data processing by third parties)
- Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts
- Assessing and representing interests regarding liability and insurance issues in the area of cyber security (such as data loss and theft, intellectual property rights infringements and other offenses committed via the Internet and social media, hacker attacks in payment transactions, etc.)
- Legal due diligence with regard to data protection compliance and data security
- Representing clients before data protection authorities and the courts of law
Our clients include, in particular, advertising agencies, banking and financial market sector entities as well as stakeholders in healthcare.