Pharma and Health Care
We mainly advise pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies and also service other players in the healthcare sector in a broad range of legal matters.
Our focus is on marketing authorization and market access, reimbursement by health insurance, governmental licenses, advertising, manufacturing and distribution, collaboration with doctors and hospitals, compliance, clinical trials, licensing of intellectual property rights, competition and antitrust law, eHealth, data protection as well as product liability. Thanks to our profound knowledge of the Swiss health care system and the practice of the authorities and the courts, we advise our clients in a targeted and efficient manner.
Our expertise covers specifically:
- Drafting and negotiating distribution, cooperation, licensing, clinical trial, advisory, service, sponsorship and support agreements
- Advice and representation in dealings with Swissmedic and the FOPH (Swiss Federal Office of Public Health) in all therapeutic products legislation matters
- Appeal proceedings
- Review of advertising and cooperation with professionals for compliance with Swiss legislation, the Swiss Pharma Code and the Pharma Cooperation Code (Compliance)
- Representation in administrative and administrative criminal proceedings
- Review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Due diligence reviews and transactions
- Advice on human research law
- Drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements
- Representation in unfair competition proceedings
- Representation in product liability proceedings
- Advice on data protection, information technology, new media and eHealth projects